Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Update: Senior Sue Cannon!

Hey Everyone!!

Greeting from the Dirtyyyy Jerz! Hope everyone has had a spectacular summer. I cannot believe that it has almost come to an end. I have had a great summer just bumming it around Orkney and working in a good ‘ol restaurant. Let me tell you….I am not cut out for the restaurant business. This will be my last summer working as a waitress, if all goes as planned next year! I don’t know if you have heard the story about how I spilled a half a cup of water on a perfectly friendly couple and they insisted that their meal be on the house…hah! Or how about when I failed the serving test at Charleys?? Or when the chef was screaming at me for not getting food out on time (he kept yelling, “Don’t you have a college education???!!!??”) I can honestly say It helps you get pretty tough, which isn’t always a bad thing!

Anywho, I have taken a break from working/life this past week and retired to my couch at home. This is the life. I forgot how amazing life is when you have air conditioning, a huge tv, a comfy clean sofa, and warm delicious meals served to you. Ohhh the life! And even better…I am leaving for vacation tomorrow for Seattle. Going to the west coast to visit my brother and his soon to be wife!! Some hiking, fishing, and water skiing…I cannot wait!

Next exciting thing coming up after vacation is BC!! I cannot wait to get started and meet all the new faces on the team. It is going to be such a fun year and I have a feeling we are going to be pretty good too :) I have also been reading this summer, getting ready for senior year I took Bowen’s advice and read a very interesting book about rowing…shout out to Mary’s freshman year! I’ll leave you guys with a few fun and motivational quotes I got from the book…

“Edges form outlines. If our boundaries determine our identities, then we learn who we are by finding our limits.”

“If there is no fear, we don’t have enough at stake. Gamble more than you can afford to lose, and you might win.”

“We don’t need perfect circumstances; we can thrive in any sort of weather. Nichi niche kore ko niche: every day is a beautiful day.”

Alrighty I am off to go pack for my trip cross country but I CANT wait to see you all soon. Much lovee!!

~Sue Biiiiird